CTMP Medical Team Win Awards At NASCAR Summit
Above: CTMP Track Safety workers help a NASCAR driver into a Durham Region ambulance after a crash during qualifying for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 250.
Last month Canadian Tire Motorsport Park was recognized for outstanding medical achievements at a NASCAR summit for track services personnel.
The NASCAR Medical Teamwork Award was accepted by Dr. Bill Liang, who has been working at CTMP since 1988 and has been the official medical director for the past five years.
The award recognizes the entire track medical team, which includes both the infield care centre workers and the trackside safety team. Dr. Liang says both these entities support each other and work together in "harmony."
“It was a very nice surprise,” Dr. Liang said. “But at the same time it really isn’t a surprise because we’ve been told by many race organizers that we have the best medical team in North America, probably one of the best in the world. So it’s nice that we’re being recognized for that.”
Dr. Liang also received a medical director award, recognizing his outstanding individual work. As well, nurse Kerry Lane received a nursing director award, for exceptional track-medical work in the 2017 season.
This was the 18th annual NASCAR Safety and Operations Summit presented by American Medical Response. The three-day conference, held at the Concord Convention Centre in Charlotte, North Carolina - featured presentations and seminars examining the best practices in safety, track services, medical and security functionality.
“The summit is a key part of our commitment to providing world-class support to our fans and competitors,” said Jim Cassidy, NASCAR Senior Vice-President of racing operations. “It also serves as an opportunity to recognize the dedicated professionals behind the scenes who contribute to the success of our sport.”
At the end of the three day summit the award ceremony was held to recognize individuals and tracks for outstanding performance during the 2017 season.
In 2018, Dr. Liang and the team are setting their sights on the coveted “Above & Beyond” award at next year’s NASCAR ceremony.
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series comes to CTMP on August 24th to 26th for the sixth annual Chevrolet Silverado 250. The 2018 date this year will also be the first round of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Playoffs. See you there! For purchasing info please click the “Buy Tickets” button at the top or bottom of this page.
- January 2023
- June 2022
- May 2022
- January 2022
- August 2021
- April 2021
- December 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- Castrol espeedfest full weekend race rundown
- Mosport karting centre: returning to the track phase 1
- Virtual marketplace: castrol espeedfest contests & promotions
- Official entry lists: castrol victoria day espeedfest
- 2020 imsa mobil 1 sportscar grand prix cancelled
- Victoria day goes virtual with castrol espeedfest
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- August 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- August 2018
- Justin haley wins dramatic nascar camping world truck series chevrolet silverado 250 at ctmp
- Ben rhodes scores pole for nascar camping world truck series chevrolet silverado 250 at ctmp
- Country artist kris barclay named grand marshal for chevrolet silverado 250 at ctmp
- What's on? the fan's guide to the 2018 chevrolet silverado 250
- Nascar camping world truck series field is set for the chevrolet silverado 250